This policy provides protection for all Insureds and Insured persons for their legal liability for compensation arising from personal injury or property damage.
Loss includes, but is not limited to:
- Legal Advisor’s fees and court costs
- Reasonable Expenses incurred with the Insurer’s written consent (these do not include loss of wages, loss of earnings or profits)
A Loss must arise out of an insured’s “Business”. “Business” means –
“all activities undertaken by the Insured and connected with the Sport (Football) including responsibilities as landlord, tenants, property owners and organisers of social and fund-raising activities”.
Limit of Liability:
|Public Liability||$25,000,000 any one occurrence|
|Products Liability:||$25,000,000 in the aggregate|
|Basic Excess:||$1,000 (Nil for Bodily Injury Claims) and as per policy|
Where is cover provided?
Cover is provided anywhere in the world other than USA or Canada
Certificates of Currency are available by contacting Northern NSW Football.
Examples of claims under this section include:
- A spectator contracts food poisoning after purchasing a pie from the club canteen on a match day. They sue the pie manufacturer and the club. The FA participating States & Territories Programme Products Liability section would cover the defence costs and damages payable by the club.
- A player is running during a match and is injured when they stand on an uneven piece of ground. They sue the local council and the home club for failing to provide a safe environment. The FA participating States & Territories Programme Public Liability policy would cover the defence costs and damages payable by the club.
- The goal posts collapse during a match, injuring a player. The player or their family sue the club. The FA participating States & Territories Programme Public Liability policy would cover the defence costs and damages payable by the club
For a copy of the full policy document, please refer to the Important Documents page.